A one-stop shop with fast turn-around and added-value services
From our Shropshire hub, we offer a complete service for our food industry customers. We listen to what our customers want. Our priority is to streamline storage and distribution needs, and control costs.
We also offer a wide range of specialist services such as blast freezing, cheese cutting, co-packing and ingredient sorting providing customers with tailor-made solutions - all under one roof. And if we don’t have exactly what our customers need, we’ll find a way to deliver it.
Grocontinental Fact File
- Grocontinental is based in Whitchurch, Shropshire and operates from a purpose built 35-acre site
- Provides haulage and storage services to the food industry and a range of specialist services including cheese cutting, blast freezing, ingredient sorting, de-boxing and re-boxing, shrink-wrapping, bar coding, labelling and export packing
- Multi-temperature storage from -28°c to +12°c
- Warehousing capacity of 197,000 pallets
- 5,000 daily pallet movements
- Daily blast freezing capacity of up to 360 tonnes
- Modern fleet of vehicles and temperature-controlled and curtain-sided trailers
- Continual investment programme in new warehousing and fleet renewal
- The company employs 360 people
- Established 1941. Family-owned business run by Chairman Ray Grocott and Managing Directors David Grocott and Linda Grocott
- Motor Transport Haulier of the Year 2004 and 2011